Me too. Actually, I’ve been studying for a few weeks now. A while back, a friend of mine and fellow VMware SE (and SRM super freak), Michael White, turned me on to Evernote, an awesome tool for capturing my web research and lab notes (among other other things). So, as I’ve been studying for the exam, I’ve been saving everything in Evernote, which I have installed on my iPhone and my XP desktop. (Now, if only they made a version for Linux, I’d be all set. *sigh* Yet another company with a great app that chooses to ignore the Linux community).
Anyway, now I just need to go back and do some simple formatting and VOILA!, I’ve got quite a few ready-made blog posts. Which is handy, given my recent commitment to a post a day.
So if you too are studying for the exam (or planning to) and looking for study material, feel free to check back here from time to time over the next few weeks. In addition, you might want to check out the following list, which contains everything I’m using to prepare.
- Hands down, the best “cheat sheet” for VI3 is the vmreference vi3 card, by Forbes Guthrie
- Duncan Epping over at Yellow Bricks has put together a great list of documents in his blog post VCDX Design Exam, how to prepare?
- Looks like Jon Owings is also studying for the exam and has a number of good posts on his blog, 2 VCP’s and a Truck
- The best, and most comprehensive study guide I’ve found is the VMware Enterprise Administration Exam study guide 3.5 by Peter van den Bosch.
- Oh, and don’t forget the official VMware Enterprise Administration Exam Blueprint v3.5
Also, send me an email if you’d like to be part of a weekly online VCDX study group I’m trying to put together.